- This modality can promote positive changes within the client’s core/soul.
- Drama therapy assist in the integration of both the client’s physical and emotional well-being.
- Therapeutically improve the client’s quality of life and outlook on not only the present but also give hope for the future.
- Can instigate and assist in interpersonal and effective communication relationships.
- The client can achieve personal growth and self-awareness.
- Life changes including job loss, relocation and the challenges of retirement.
- Assist the client in ‘dreaming’ and setting goals again.
WHAT IS ART THERAPY
Art therapy is another counselling/therapy approach which uses an art platform for clients to express their emotions (these can be hidden and/or known) that then helps facilitate the outcome of assisting in solving these with the effect to set therapeutic goals: outcome to achieve change within a safe, confidential setting. This is also suitable for children and adults.
As with drama therapy, it is suitable for a wide range of life’s issues and is suitable for children and youth who are undergoing these but can also help with developmental issues such as intellectual and Asperger’s along with behavioural difficulties.
Sandra has worked successfully with both these modalities: drama and art and has also successfully combined these helping and assisting the client to achieve therapeutic ‘change’.